CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Been awhile

This is the longest stretch I've gone without posting since I started the blog.

I've been extremely busy in my personal life.

A few weeks ago my wife, son, and I got to go to the State Championships here in Ohio and it was a blast as usual.

When I told people at work that I was going to be off for the rest of week and said that it's my favorite weekend of the year they thought I was joking. I explained to them that it's my wife's too.

It was nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the tournament as a fan of wrestling. Since my wife and I have been married, we have been to 3 out of 4 State tournaments. It is so impressive how well the tournament is ran. It stays right on schedule.

There were some unbelievable matches of course and the Semi-finals and consolations Semi-finals were just as good as the finals. We chatted it up with fans and some of the parents of the wrestlers.

We had a pretty extensive conversation with David Taylor's father and let me say that the man knows his wrestling. My wife really liked him. It's good to see a parent like this and not all over their child obnoxiously.

Since the tournament the only officiating I've done is one night of basketball and one day of flag football.

This Saturday I'll be at Lakota West for an offseason Varsity dual tournament. That will be fun and we'll be working hard because it will be 6 officials on 6 mats.

It's already been a few weeks since I've got on the mat and it doesn't take long to get cobwebs. However, it'll be ok. I'm ready to rock!

0 comments: