CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

College Football-Week 4

Back at it again after a week off from the college game. I love Saturdays.

It was a different kind of weekend for me. After reffing my high school game on Friday night I met one of my fellow crew mates so we could drive halfway up for our Saturday game. Kickoff was at noon, but we had to be in the locker room by 9:30am for pregame. The kicker is that the game was over three hours away.

In the end it all worked out. Four of us met north of Columbus and had breakfast in the morning and then traveled the rest of the way to the game and met up with the other three.

We were well on pace with everything. After our pregame our Referee and Umpire went to meet with the coaches and came back with a trick play that one of the teams plan to run. We made sure we were all on the same page and our Referee went back to the coaches to make sure there was no confusion on what they could run within the rules. Nice work!

I got the captains at 11:55am and we're ready to rock. Kickoff noon sharp.

We got a good competitive game from the start. About halfway through the first quarter after a score, I happen to look and see our Line Judge talking to someone near the endzone.

It's Lebron James. Sometime later in the first half I'm in position in the corner of the endzone and Lebron James is literally sitting a couple of feet behind me. This is the second time I've seen Lebron behind me at a game.

Second half is really competitive as well and I have two flags in the game. One of my flags was one of the easiest calls I ever made. But I would like to see the second one on film and see the play again as it was a close play. I'm always trying to do my best and do whatever it takes to improve.

In the end the visitors win by two in a well played competitive game. It's time to hit the road and head home. Our Side Judge was really ill and sucked it up and did a nice job as usual. I had to drive most of the way home because he was drained.

Next week I'll be at again but I'll be a visitor again on the crew that I subbed with for week 1. It's gonna be fun!

0 comments: