CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

College Football-Week 6



Ah, you smell that? It's the smell of college football Saturday 80 degree weather! Just an awesome day for football.


I had to head out about 6:40am to meet some of my crew mates around 7:10am. Then we headed up to the Columbus area so we could meet the rest of the guys at Bob Evans for breakfast.


Our long drives are actually great. We talk football rules, jokes, politics, friday night football and whatever else we can think of. In the end that 2 hour drive seems like twenty minutes.


After Bob Evans, we head over to the stadium for our pregame. For our pregame we watch one of our previous games and critique any and everything that we can improve especially mechanics. I love it!


Time to hit the field. The players from both teams are pumped up and ready to go. This gets me pumped and ready to rock! I get the captains, we do the toss, it's game time!


The home team starts the scoring off as the Qb breaks off a long nice run for a touchdown, with only one problem on the play:






He decided to take a dive over the endzone. It is a touchdown but we have an unsportsman like penalty. Even though it was great form and a nice dive by rule it is a penalty.


Nothing to tricky for us to officiate on this day and our sideline was very well behaved and I was told by my peers that their sideline was great too. I think I stated this before I can I can't state it enough for the most part the coaches are great despite all the nightmare stories you may hear.


When it's all said and done the home team ends up on top with a 24-8 win.


After the game we had an Observer come in and give us some good feedback. He told me something involving mechanics that I actually caught myself doing a couple of times and it was nice that he confirmed it so I can work on it. Overall our crew was strong and had a good game.


Next week I'll be off for college ball because I may have to work. I will be working a good Saturday night high school football match-up.


Then the following Saturday I'm back with the guys for a game that involves one of the top 10 teams in the country for DIII.


Special Thanks to Stephen Lewis for the pics!

0 comments: