CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fairfield Invitational


It was a cold and snowy night, but hey it's wrestling season inside so who cares.

I originally was supposed to officiate only on Saturday for this weekend at Moeller for their Super Duals. Early December I was asked to officiate on Friday evening for the first night of their Invitational wrestling tournament.

However, a few weeks later the Moeller Super Duals was canceled and I decided to keep the date open so I could get some rest.

So I arrived at the school at 3pm sharp and joined one of my peers as we conducted the hair, nails, and skin checks. Unfortunately some wrestler's nights ended right there. Safety first!

About an hour later some of our fellow officials started to trickle in as there were 4 mats set-up and their were 8 officials assigned for the tournament. Two of the officials came down from our neighboring officials association and they did a nice job and were cool guys too.



Now the host school always does a great job of managing a tournament and this was no exception. I was informed that there were some different teams added this year and so the match-ups were consistently tough. There wasn't a lot of pins going on so it made for a long first night.

There also were some strange things going on in some of the matches. I'll stay away from specifics out of respect for all involved.

I felt good out there and didn't have to receive to much flack from the coaches. Got questioned a couple of times and I don't have a problem with that. Just fighting for the kid and they were respectful.

I had a match scheduled for tonight but it got rescheluded for February. I'm at the Lakota West Duals on Saturday and that should be a good time with a lot of good wrestling. I'll try and post more specific details about wrestling for that event.

Special Thanks to Cindy Running for the pics!

0 comments: