CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 20, 2009

GMC Wrestling Tournament at Oak Hills

I started my post season last Saturday.

I think this is the 4th or 5th year I've officiated this tournament. Awesome tournament to be a part of and a privilege.

I have to say for a tournament of this caliber, I was surprised that there weren't more fans. After all it is probably the greatest individual sport to watch.

The tournament went pretty smooth for me this year. I ended up officiating three finals matches with the last one being the 215 weight class. Two good wrestlers with the Hamilton kid coming out on top with a major decision. I figured I would have a lot to write about pertaining to this tournament but everything went so smooth and calm that I don't remember anything out of the ordinary happening.

Lakota West came out on top with Mason almost overtaking them. Fairfield ended getting third.

I just remembered there was one thing. On one of the matches I was assisting, one of the wrestlers threw up on the other. Yuck! Sometimes I guess it just happens. Injury time, clean up, lets wrestle.

My post season continues tomorrow at Moeller for the Division I sectional. I'm praying for the snow to stay away so the tournament does happen on schedule. Next week is the end of my season besides some off season tournaments, as I will be officiating at the Kettering Fairmont District.

Pray that I finish strong. Not for my sake, but for the kids and the sport.

0 comments: