CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

FAVC Jr. High Tourney

It's been a long week for me. On the mat and personally.

However, it was nice to officiate at my favorite place to attend. Last Saturday I was at Harrison Junior high to officiate the FAVC tournament and it was a blast as usual. You may wonder out of all the officiating I do why would this be my favorite to officiate. I'll tell you why.

  • Treatment-First the people treat you great and take care of you. It's the little things that we come to appreciate.
  • Food-The food is awesome. They do an great job with a fantastic selection and have plenty of it. (You knew food had to play a part).
  • Good wrestling-Jr. High yes. Good wrestling yes. The kids know what they're doing and it can get pretty intense out there
  • Efficient-They know how to run a smooth tournament and yes even the officials appreciate that.
For example this is always a two day tournament. But because of the weather they had to run it all on Saturday. Not only did they pull this off, but they did an outstanding job of it as well. Nice work McGraw!



Because of the five match rule they did something different so the 3rd place matches could be wrestled, all of the first round losers were eliminated. However, the first round losers were put into there own kind of tournament so they could wrestle their way back and win a T-shirt. Because they care and want what's best for the kids and the sport.

Right before the tournament started I ran into and old rival of mine on the football field who I'm now good friends with. It was good to see him. A couple hours later I happened to be officiating his son. His son did lose his first round match but did wrestle all the way back and won a shirt. It's all about the kids.

Nothing out of the ordinary for me on this day. Just hard nose wrestling. I will say that the Ross Rams brought hammer down on some kids and took the team title. Nice work guys. You deserved it!

Special Thanks to Christy Quincy for the pics!

0 comments: