CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Jr High Tourney

It's been an interesting past week for me. Last Saturday I reffed a Jr. High Wrestling Tournament at Mason.

I've officiated at this tournament every year since my rookie year. They always do a great job when running tournaments and they get done in a timely manner.

This was a dual tournament and it featured nine teams throughout the area and they were very competitive.

I had a first in this tournament. This was the first time I had to call a kid for stalling enough times to disqualify him. I did everything possible to not have to call it but he gave me no choice. Even his coaches were yelling for him to do something. Not a fun spot to be in but that's why we were the stripes.

After a good day of wrestling the final round came down to Loveland, Miamisburg, and Mason wrestling for the gold. There were four of us officials officiating on three mats so were alternating all day so we could get a break. The staff did a good job with the food in the hospitality room. What's funny is that official's appreciate the food as much as we appreciate an efficient run tournament.

Mason and Miamisburg both defeated Loveland in the round robin championships and so it came down to Mason vs Miamisburg for the title. I ended up officiated the dual and it was some good wrestling as usual. However the kids were a little tired after a long day of wrestling. In the end Mason ended up winning and hoisting the title. All three of those schools do a great job with their kids in the way they treat them and coach them.

Great job guys and keep up the great work!

0 comments: