CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Toys, Soccer, and Basketball

My wife and I were trying to figure out where to take the kids Friday evening. Someone at work suggested we go to Johnny's toys in Northern Kentucky because they had a huge play area on top of all the toys.

So it sounded like a plan. Soon as I got off work I headed home, picked the family up, and we were off.

We had never been to this Johnny's Toys and let me say it is pretty cool for kids. We didn't have a lot of time since the play area closed at 8pm and the toy store closed at 9. Kael played for a while when we first got there and of course we couldn't leave without getting some toys. We were actually already done shopping for him and Ava, but what are the odds you can leave a huge toy store the week before Christmas and not get something? Exactly!

I joked with my wife on the way home and said kids got it made today. We drive 40 minutes away to another state for our kids to hangout for a little over an hour and pick up toys. Oh boy!

Saturday was the last soccer day for my son. He did very well considering he's only 1 and it's for 2 year olds.

The time went by so fast and before you knew it the kids were getting their hands stamped and getting their treats and it was time for us to go.

We're going to probably sign him up again but not until wrestling season is over.

A couple hours later, I had to go down the street and officiate little kids basketball. Sometimes this can be a nightmare because the parents are the rowdy ones. I was scheduled to do three games and once again everything went smooth for the most part.

The last game the coach was a little mouthy and was begging for calls that were definitely not there. His assistant came up to me and apologized later and told me I was doing a good job. In the end it was a great day overall.

0 comments: