CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Saturday Wrestling

This past Saturday was my first tournament for the season to officiate.

Some decent wrestling to start the season off. I felt pretty good going into the day.

But I encountered some different things for the first time.

While officiating a heavyweight match, one of them had the absolute biggest ball of yuck coming out of his nose and he proceeded to wipe it with his hands. I yelled out for him to stop so he could wipe it off. As I went over to the table to get a paper towel he had the junk under his nose and on the side of his mouth. Funny thing is I officiated him again later on and he had it again.

Another strange thing was that one of the wrestlers took off with an anklet after their match. The PA announcer kept calling for him to bring it back to the table. Finally after about the fourth time, then announcer said "If you don't bring the anklet back it's gonna be a forfeit." I was officiating and heard this and thought you've gotta be kidding!

Boy oh boy is the season under way.

I have a busy week this week. I'll come back and post my experience officiating at Fairfield last night and Moeller tonight later on.

0 comments: