CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wednesday Varsity Tri-Match Wrestling

After an exhausting three days of hardcore officiating from the previous week. I was back it again officiating a Varsity wrestling tri-match between Little Miami, Goshen, and Bellbrook.

Last year was the first time I officiated at Little Miami and they treated me real good. So naturally when they called again this year needing an official, I said of course.

Weigh-ins were at 5pm and wrestling began at 6pm. Before the match started I recognized a father from youth wrestling from previous years. Next thing I know, his son that was in youth is sitting next to him. Wow how the time flies! His son is now a freshman on the Goshen team and he looked pretty tough on that night.

We started off the night with Bellbrook vs Little Miami. Bellbrook forfeited 103-125. Tell you what. Bellbrook looked pretty tough. If they didn't forfeit so many weights they would give their opponents fits. The wrestlers they do have were sharp.

Goshen and Little Miami had some good wrestlers in their own right. In the end Little Miami came out on top of both duals.

After a long night I was ready to go home and get to bed because I had a long day ahead of me since I had to help manage our company's Christmas party the next evening after working all day.

The life of a ref continues.

0 comments: