CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Another Weekend Off


It's been kind of nice having this weekend off. I have to take advantage while I can because once December gets here my free weekends are very scarce.

This past Wednesday I officiated some basketball and unfortunately once again I didn't make it through the night without giving a technical foul. However this technical wasn't issued for arguing or fighting but for hanging on the rim forever. I guess you could call it a little taunting since the team won by 40 plus and scored about 115 points. Their team was pretty good.

If you haven't read the posting below, Thursday night was date night and we watched a documentary on the wrestler with no arms and legs, Dustin Carter. Friday night I had a flat tire when I was trying to leave work. Somehow we ended up going out to eat at one of the best Chinese buffet restaurants in the city.


Saturday was an all sports day. My son Kael had his first soccer practice. Yeah! We signed him up for a soccer group called 'Little Dribblers' that is for 2 year olds. Kael won't be 2 for a couple of months but he taught himself how to dribble a basketball. It's amazing how good he is and his hand eye coordination is on point. He seems to be ahead of the game. Football is still his favorite, soccer second, with wrestling and basketball being a tie for third. The boy has picked up the sports all on his own with the exception of wrestling. I started with him on that when he was about nine months.


The only thing about his soccer gig is that he is impatient when it comes to warming up. He just wants to play immediately. He had to have gotten this from mom of course. Lol! Maybe not.

After soccer is over, we got something to eat and headed straight home to watch the Ohio State vs Michigan game. What's funny is I didn't hear a thing about this game all week because of the other big game, Oklahoma vs Texas Tech. We watched that game too, along with the Notre Dame game. Of course the Irish losing was the most disappointing for me. But I was happy for Syracuse's coach Greg Robinson. Hopefully both teams turn it around next year.

On top of watching all of those games, I was keeping up with the high school playoffs on the internet. What is going on here? I need to simma down.

Sunday was get your priorities in order day and we started it off right by going to the house of God for church. It's always nice to be in His house.

After church, since we have the two youngsters, we are officially a Golden Corral family. So we ate and took our sweet time. Then we came home and you guessed it, watched more football. Well I did. My wife hit Wal mart and then came home and started making more diaper cakes. Kael took a nap as well as baby Ava. Ava slept on my chest forever. We're gonna have family night tonight and relax.

Kael likes to play football non-stop in the family room. Of course I'm game. Refs like to be dads too!

0 comments: