CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Offseason Wrestling Talk

I know some people may get tired of hearing about Dustin Carter, but I for one am not.


I can think of several reasons.. He is great kid with an absolute positive attitude and positive outlook on life. When you get to know him, you don't feel sorry for him or pity him. Instead it's a pleasure and a honor to be around such a great individual.


A little after the season ended my good friend and Dustin's trainer Scott Goodpaster called me on a way to speaking engagement and Dustin was with him. Scott and I keep up with each other pretty often. Well he put Dustin on the phone and Dustin says, "What's up Blackness?" Dustin gives a little devious giggle. I answer, "Not a lot, how's it going Dusty?" Of course Scott coerced him into being bold enough to say that. Scott knows me well and we kid around a lot. Dustin must be part of the gang now too.



I guess I'm kind of posting this since Dustin and Scott don't have a blog and in case anyone is interested. Plus if it gives positive pub for wrestling I guess I'm cool with it. As I stated before Scott and I keep in contact consistently and he filled me in on some of the things that he had going on throughout the year.


Scott and Dustin flew out to California and appeared on 'The Best Damn Sports Show' and chatted it up with Chicago Blackhawks legend Jeremy Roenick. Then the next day they headed over to San Diego and hooked up with Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson. That's Dustin and Brees pictured above. Scott said it was a great experience and he got to see one of his mentors in the fitness world.




The two have had a few speaking engagements throughout the year. But this past weekend they got to go to New York for the 'Journeymen Wrestling NY State Clinic'. Scott, Dustin, Coach Tom Ryan of The Ohio State University, and Gold Medalist Henry Cejudo was the speakers. Scott stated that Cejudo's Gold Medal was really sweet and nice to look at. He added that Coach Ryan was genuinely a great guy. He really liked him a lot.





He thought it was an awesome experience and that the kids really loved Dustin.




Now Dustin and Scott put in a lot of hard work on a Special Documentary on Dustin called 'No Arms, No Legs, All Heart!' It has just been released this week. Neither Dustin or Scott asked me to post this by any means but I thought I would because it's not only inspiring for wrestlers and sports fans, but for anyone period. You can check out the video below or go directly to www.cincyfit.com. You can also order it there as well.




My wife and I have a date night tonight. Our date is watching this dvd and I'll be sure to come back and give my review either tonight or tomorrow. She is really pumped up to see it.

So as you can tell I'm in high gear wrestling mode! How about you?





0 comments: