CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

No Reffing This Weekend

It has been a different kind of week for me.

On Monday we had our first local high school wrestling meeting for officials. It will be wrestling in high gear pretty soon.

This is the first weekend I haven't had to referee something since mid-August. Feels strange but yet the high school football season is fast.

Earlier this week I got another call about reffing a wrestling tournament in December, but I'm already booked. This pretty much happens every year in November and December. Schools calling trying to get officials for matches.

Yesterday I was contacted to officiate Flag Football today. But I couldn't make it happen. This morning my wife and I took the kids to the YMCA. We both use to officiate basketball there but haven't for a couple of years. We will start doing it again a little and we plan to spend a lot of time there since we're going to sign our boy up for a few toddler sports. He is 1 year-old and already handles a soccer ball extremely well. He taught hisself. I had no idea.

We messed around for a couple of minutes playing soccer and when one parent found out he was 1, he couldn't believe it. Yeah, I'm a proud papa.

After leaving the Y, my wife had to go and host a baby shower for her sister. So I'm at home with the kids watching the College Football all day playing Mr. Mom.

It's actually kind of nice. But next week I'm at it again. Wrestling meeting, reffing basketball, and one more college football game.

I have an Awesome WIFE eh! You betcha!

0 comments: