CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Oh So Close

It's so close to that time of the year. You gotta love it!

No I'm not talking about Christmas. I'm talking about College football controversy NFL Playoff talk, College basketball, and WRESTLING!

Wrestling you say, yeah Wrestling!

Last night I watched college basketball and Monday night I went to our local wrestling meeting. I had a long long day at work and it mentally wore me out. Then I had to rush over to our meeting and Thank goodness my fellow official was on point. This reminded me of why we need to get to the event we're officiating in plenty of time and get in game mode ourselves.

Dan and I had to give a presentation on Takedowns and Escapes. Dan is one of the top officials in our association and has worked our illustrious State Tournament. So I was in good hands working with him as he did most of the legwork. Our meetings are great and I continue to learn from them as well.

After the meeting had to rush home and spend time with the family. It's funny that sometimes we can have a bad day and just look at the family and it makes it all better.

Tonight I'll be reffing some basketball for a Men's Recreation League. Oh boy! The only thing more dramatic than officiating this is, well nothing.

We have a cold college football game to officiate Saturday but I'm so looking forward to it! Maybe if eveything flows right I'll be able to head back home in time to attend a mammoth high school playoff game!

0 comments: